General problem/challenge addressed by the commitment
Apathy of citizens with respect to governance issues.
Low knowledge of governance activities by citizens.
Non-inclusiveness of citizens in the governance process.
Inadequate citizens’ access to programmes and activities of government.
To increase access of citizens, especially those in remote rural communities to government processes.
Specific OGP challenge addressed by commitment
1. Public integrity.
2. Public services.
3. Effectiveness of public service delivery.
Rationale for commitment
Increased number of people using mobile telephones in rural communities to connect with policy makers and engage in government processes.
1. Increased accountability in government service delivery.
2. Improved access to government processes.
1. Number of MDAs with functional ICT platform for enhancing citizens’ participation
2. Statistics of enquiries that citizens make on the platform